Monday, August 1, 2011

The Anti N Word

It's a six letter word it's been gettin' on my nerves - just a little nothin' major - but sometimes the line make me wanna rhyme with flavor while I preach 'cause I teach - if you can't deal than go feel the next song - if I'm wrong in your eyes - well sometimes people need to agree to disagree- and I'ma speak on world history - this word is a mystery - how some can say it - and it's acceptable - but others when they say it - it's not delectable - I'm tryin to see equality - so if one group can say it everyone should own the property - and if you ain't caught on - it's the N word they fought on - yeah the N word is the song - it's too much controversy - too much tension - so I'm ventin' - sendin' attention - I go on to mention how old slave masters laughin' - how they gave us the word we got the nerve to still bask in - still call ourselves what they wanted - still follow like days when we was hunted - we tried escapin' the system - sometimes victims take it with 'em - like me - I used to say it 'cause where I grew up we all said it - but after high school I learned reasons - learned I could dead it (stop it) - so watch me in my song tell you why I think it's wrong

HOOK
Think with your own mind - the world that we live in is the blind leading the blind - time to read up on my lines - time to find what's in my rhymes - what they sayin' is a crime - I display a free mind - it's time to think - read the signs


It's sad - how a lot of y'all don't progress past highschool - thinkin' life's about bein' cool - and who's the most popular - me I've evolved while you follow like a copier - self actualization - not wealth - I practice facin' - concerns of the world and how they keep us placed in - the rich stay rich while we got not a pot to piss - in this plot it spreads quick - they want us to follow - if we start thinking - we might get mad at how we sinking - we might get mad how we use a word they want us inking - and they don't want a man like me - gettin' educated - 'cause I can expose the system - and write prose to break it - my friends all called me an "n" - I called them an "n" too - my conformin' ended too - it's true - I'm not better than you - I'm just usin' my own mind - not followin' from behind - not swallowing my pride - not bein' who they want - I'm the one from the front the one setting the new trends - yeah I followed - but it ends - the world swallowing my pen - and we can agree to disagree and still want the same victory - still want the same peace, love, equality, and property - and probably - you thinking - who am I? - well I'm a guy - went to college and the masters - plus the school of hard knox - listen to my album - and find me it's not - a hard thing to do - my soul's in each song it's true

You not gonna find me doin' what other rappers doin' - I'm a individual - you not able to label me - I started my own label so these labels can't disable me - I'm free wit my poetry - I know what I'm supposed to be - but had the nerve to grow up and see the lies before my eyes - I got Logic by my side - we know they profit off the lies - we know that we prophesise of new times with new rhymes - and we civil rights leaders they wanna stop but they not - you think Martin Luther King - want you to sing - with the N word? - you think Rosa Parks wants to hear it? - you think the Freedom Riders died not to hear it - for you to say it? - but you don't think about the world you too concerned with your pay in it - too worried if you're thick - too worried if you're hip - too worried how you look - it's not cool to cop (get) books - education ain't white - slave masters wanted us to think that - that it's not good to get smart in the hood - they don't want us to read or write - 'cause they knew we might - get like me - and incite the revolution like Nat Turner - you can hate or love this burner - I burn the page with rage - 'cause we still got schools in the 'hood - on the same page - and if you know your history - ain't none of this a mystery - don't take my word for it - go learn for yourself - get a book up off the shelf - and think for yourself (echo) - and the book that got me to stop sayin' the N word - it was called Monster by Sanyika Shakur - a gang leader deep in prison for the Bloods & Crips war - he got out - now an officer - and author and more

No comments:

Post a Comment