Monday, August 1, 2011

I Know

HOOK
I know major airwaves play you if they paid - I know the age of cable run by government for trade - I know your favorite rapper bought the front page of The Source (rap mag) I know you feel my soul - it's swole (swollen large) for real - feel the force


Minds freeze - more songs for a minor than A. Keys - they won't play this on the radio - they'll play Jay Z - but see Jay Z is paying so - my conscience displayin' though - I know crass tactics make it in this practice - I know the rich they b**ch - still pay the lowest taxes - I know I break the brackets like low seeds Final Four - no greed I rhyme for more - for sure my lines of war - underground to the core - grassroots - class of boots - school of trees - Timb(erland) - Fraternity - alumni eternally - my skin I feel it burning me - flesh is skin deep - but I'm livin' in a world knwoin' that's the mess they seek - they won't look inside - I know the body's where souls hide - I rep with (producer) Mr. Hyde but my soul's bared with pride - I was cold down to ride - I know the flow's growin' wide - I know I done rose up (evolved) - unfroze - and got the prose up - this is the result of my life - *buck* Flo Bluff! (character from movie The Last Dragon) I'm glowin' up!

I know music is the language comin' runnin' out my soul - now I'm swole (upset) on the (NJ) Turnpike seein' smoke over the road - factories pollute the air - they don't care and got the (US) flag up - my CD's graffiti on the stripes - I'll write my tag up - - stop the smoke it's no joke you muthaf***as gonna kill us all - united we stand? - yeah right (they) divide 'em all - but I unify with my high minds you know I find - I know my rhymes fight the bind and give sight to the blind - in these times I found NRG - I sound penned intensity - I know black on black hats with Yankees on the cap seem like a mark of conformity - like suits and ties is boring me - the war to me is ignorance - but I surely see these hypocrites (in rap) do a song that's different - but next track they still ignorant - don't say I got skills - I got will - I'm just thinking - evincing thoughts out loud I had for years cause we sinking - can't think nothing more important in my life than words I'm linking

Ya hear that? - - yeah it's Silent - (producer) Silent NRG - my friend and me - partners in crime - (we) barter in times of money hungry thuggery - a two man mission rippin' the system of whips (cars) and luxury - NRG is pissed - at the (music) industry - they rippin' me - sayin' we not the status quo formula - not the norm of the - I'm warnin' ya my raps matter - chatter won't splatter - my mixed batter (of rhymes) shatter - platters of hate - with the great - producer - (using) no samples - ample (to) trample a refuter - he sick of the copyright - stop and get it right - 'cause he know the world exploits and makes points to rob and steal - he hate the job of signing deals - he hate contracts - and con acts - upon tracks I'm tellin' what he thinkin' in his mind - 'cause I'm the one who rap - I got his back with the rhymes - my facts drop shock the mind - and we a team - this the dream - not for cream (cash) - we drop themes - stop fiends who is followin' the rich 'till you switch

No comments:

Post a Comment