Thursday, August 4, 2011

One Race

INTRO
Hey man by the way, what are you? 
What I am man? You know how many people ask me that everyday of my life? I'm gonna tell you what I am man - just listen to this

People see my face be askin 'bout my race - leavin me in doubt - mouth with a bad taste - it's not "your" people and "my" people - we all a group like The Beatles - still we got weasels - wanna conquer and divide - want you to have pride - but then on the snide - they don't care about you - and let you suffer - I'm a buffer - exposing stereotypes every time I try to write - wrote a book so you could look and shook it up on the mic - to me we all the same - all real and feel pain - but yo you gotta face - one group's disgrace - enslaving's not legal still people not equal - in the U.S. the people with money - had slaves - when they was freed no fee made up to give aid - we still see people with a similar complexion - just like the old days - raised with no protection livin in the 'hood section - direct - still affecting

HOOK
It's one race - we got a lot of ethnicities - a lot of facts held back I drop (rhymes) 'cause you missin these - we need to stop the norm of how people conform - I mark other when I fill out close minded forms


We need to have discussions like that first verse but we don't need labeling - that came from the worst inclination of humanity - to divide and conquer - and be about vanity - differences come from groups in isolation - inside we all the same - it's time you started facing - I done my research (on ethnic relations) and it hurts - 'cause things still lurking in their place and I hate labels and assumptions so much - when they ask me what I be - I say nothing - "I'm Human." - that's all you need to know keep it movin' - most people not 100% of nothin anyway - you could find you got a mixed lineage (family) any day - they ask me if I'm Black, White, Mixed, or Hispanic (and many more) - react on the mic - fix it like a mechanic - tell 'em "Don't tell me who to be or what I can do." - live life like Vin Diesel and people with a clue

No comments:

Post a Comment